I was amazed at how similar we look. Kevin now calls Lauren my clone or a mini-me. And she also is turning into a control freak, though her excuse could just be that she's a toddler and learning to exercise her dominion. What's my excuse, again?
On a totally different note....The other day, Lauren wanted to do "the animals" on the computer, which involves playing on Fisher-Price's website. I had showed her before how to do the ABCs game, which is simply pressing the space bar to advance to the next screen. But she likes the game matching the animal sound to the animal, which requires you to actually move the cursor to the animal, and then click. Previously, I would always do it for her. But I was not in the disposition to do it for her this day, and thought, "What the heck?" So I showed her how to use one finger to work the touch pad on my laptop and then left click. I didn't actually think she'd be able to do it. But she was able to do it from the first try.
I was half awestruck, and half full of pride that my little girl was growing up. I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. She is 3, after all, which is when I started playing the piano. I guess I just got so used to thinking of her as a "baby", that now when she actually shows signs of growing up into a little girl, it knocks me off balance. I'm amazed at how quickly these little sponges pick up on concepts, language, conversational skills, hand-eye coordination, etc.!!!
i can't believe how big she is! i was thinking back to the first time i met lauren...three years ago! right before I got married. yikes! i personally think she's a perfect mix of you and dr. esch.
ReplyDeleteps - i've been meaning to tell you. congrats on your house finally almost selling! (and to living closer to kevin's work. even if it is in your parents house... free rent!)
I stumbled over from Facebook which I rarely get on and happily found my way here. We also have a three year old who is being forced to wear panties. It helps that they have Dora on them. She can use the potty. She's just lazy. I think Lauren looks quite a bit like you, especially when she smiles. My 7 year old is named Lauren too. It's been fun to "see" what is going on in your life.
ReplyDelete