Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Just biding my time....

Waiting.  It's what we do.  We sometimes feel we spend half of our life waiting.  Just for kicks, I googled "time spent waiting," and the first result that popped up was that the average person spends 45-62 minutes waiting each day for various things--downloading something from the internet, pumping gas, waiting for an elevator, etc.


I feel I am in perpetual waiting mode, just biding my time for the next few weeks.  Waiting for my parents to leave at the end of this week so we can move into the bedroom we will be sleeping in for the next two years.  Waiting for the closing of our old house to occur in 10 days.  Waiting for the baby to come, whenever that may be.  Waiting to see what gender the child will be.  Waiting to see if my brother will move out and thus provide us with an extra bedroom of space.  Waiting for it to get consistently warm.  One would think all of this waiting would drive me crazy.  I would think all of this waiting would drive me crazy!  But somehow, I am slowly adapting to this waiting game.  I think it's because I have reached my maximal threshold for stress and I just don't have the energy to resist any more (amplified infinitely by being 9-months-pregnant).  Writer beware.  This is when Darth Vadar says, "Give into the dark side," and like a dam breaking, I could say, "Okay."  And yet, there would be no surprise.


And a John Mayer song runs through my head....

2 comments:

  1. i'd tell you to hang in there...but apparently there's no need with your passive attitude. way to go! sometimes that's the best way to be when everything is out of your control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, it seems to come at you all at once but you can do it. Look on the bright side you only had 15 more days until your little one comes. How exciting!!! I wish mine would be here that soon.

    ReplyDelete