Friday, April 22, 2011

1 and counting....

Happy Birthday, Buddy Boy!! I can't believe Brendan is a year old. And yet I can. It's been a L-O-N-G year for me, of which I shan't give all the boring details. But I can vividly remember Brendan's birth, or shall I say the preceding night at the hotel in anticipation of being induced, the hours leading up to the epidural, and then the delivery, at which I vividly remember crying tears of joy when the doctor told me it was a boy. (And I thank the heavens I was born in a time when they have epidurals! What with all 9 lbs 13 oz of him....Ironically the child is now skin and bones [and muscle!]. At his 9-month appointment he dropped from average weight [and 90+ percentile for height], to 17th percentile for weight, for which I had to participate in an interview with the doc re: the boy's eating routine. We'll see what the scale says next week.)

I have no pictures to post tonight, but I wanted to give a shout out on behalf of the Buddy. I will do a sequel post including pictures of the milestone event, which is spanning two days for logistical reasons.  We shall call it BUDDY-PALOOZA!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I cannot believe Brendan is a year old. I too remember the day you gave birth and it feels like yesterday! I look forward to seeing pictures of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should of called this the last blog post ever, since you refuse to update us anymore.

    ReplyDelete