Monday, November 22, 2010

7 months

Brendan is seven months today!  Where did the time go?  Those precious newborn moments have passed me by much faster than I like.  I think two factors are certain to make time pass faster:  1) getting older; and 2) having more children (and therefore, less savoring.)  It's sad to think that he's now closer to one year than to birth.  Not that the first six months are a piece of cake.  I think it's going to take me a good month to recover from sleep deprivation once he decides to sleep a full 12 hours (right now his usual wake-up time is 4:40 a.m.).  But you never know if a child is going to be your last one, and those newborn moments are just so precious.  But, then again, this is the age when they really start to be fun.

It seems all in one week, Brendan has gone from six-months to going-on-two-years.  He cut his first tooth this week.  No more toothless grin, which makes me sad that I rescheduled our family photographs for next week.  Stupid colds.  He has also figured out how to go after something he wants on the floor.  It's a mixture of inchworm and rolling over.  (I guess we'd better get a move-on and hurry and babyproof this place!!)  He cannot resist the sound and feel of plastic bags. He makes a beeline straight for them.  Other things he gets really excited about and literally will dive out of our arms for are window blinds and running water.  It's hilarious!  He's pretty close to being able to sit by himself.  And he loves his jumper!  (Though once he's in it, he just can't seem to stop jumping, which eventually makes him tired and annoyed.)  He also cracks up at peek-a-boo.

One day very soon I hope to find the time to figure out my new camera and download the pictures I've taken.  But for now, here's my favorite picture of Buddy Boy from about six weeks ago.

4 comments:

  1. you're not the only one that thinks it seems like you just gave birth to brendan. he is so big now! and look at that smile! so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love this stage! I am loving all of the fun little ones are too! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little cutie! I can't believe how big he is...where, oh where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete