So Brendan is seven-weeks-old today. In the little spare time I have, I've been working really hard to address the mountains of boxes still stacked around the house in preparation for the after-blessing gathering in July, as well as to introduce Lauren to swim lessons. So other things have been pushed to the back burner. But at the very least, I thought I'd post some pictures of the Little Man. Time has flown. I feel like my baby is no longer a newborn. He smiles (though often at something just past me), and he's really started to coo and goo and gurgle in an effort to talk this last week. I'm really trying to savor him as a newborn, but it just seems like the clock ticks faster and faster each day (except, of course, during those witching hours when you just want to put a muzzle on your baby and put him in a closet).
Forgive the randomness and excess pictures, but this turned out to be a mini-summary of the last seven weeks.
Here's our little Sith Lord, 5-days-old:
And here's my first Mother's Day with 2 kids:
One of my favs of Lauren and Brendan, once she decided that he was okay:
At 9-days-old, it was really evident that Brendan liked to track his new sister. I can't remember whether she was singing to him or what she was doing to him, but it was really cute. He definitely was engaged.
Lauren loves this shirt, though she insists she's not a big sister. I sometimes have to hide it once I've washed it because she would wear it every day if she could. I'm a big fan of this picture, too.
Brendan with Grandma & Papa Cannon. I believe he's grandchild #26, and grandson #8.
Lauren loves to announce when she's kissing Brendan. She's so proud of herself.
Brendan in the shower with Mom. Lauren loved showers, and I think Brendan finds them pretty groovy, too.
Taken at six weeks, he seems to sleep best in the mornings (not at night, when he should). His schedule is off by about four hours.
Sleeping buddies. Brendan seems to really enjoy being on his stomach, which is completely opposite of how his sister was. (Perhaps because he doesn't have nearly as big a noggin' as she did.)
After weeks of begging, Kevin finally consented to let me get a new swing (we already had one that was a free hand-me-down for Lauren). I had a feeling this one would be better for Brendan because he really enjoys side-to-side motions--we might change his name to Martini, since he loves to be shaken, not stirred. Now we have a pretty reliable go-to when all else fails to console the boy. Kevin has since dubbed it "His Magic Chair." I love it when I'm right! (Though you'll never hear Kevin admit it without prodding.) (The ears are because it's a "My Little Lamb" swing.)
This picture was too cute to pass on. This is the other frequent position (though not usually with arms crossed) that I will find Daddy holding B in, since the little man refuses to sleep on his back in his bed unless it is after midnight. (I think he has security issues, which is perhaps why he loves being on his stomach so much.) And Kevin also prefers to hold Brendan at night, because that means he can get a nap in. (I know--a nap at night?)
Finally able to capture a smile:
'Jama time on Mom & Dad's bed, both avoiding bedtime, of course:
I love my little seven-weeker!
Merry Christmas, Everyone!
7 years ago






Great pics and commentary -- I loved the "Big Sister" one best.
ReplyDelete:-)
7 weeks already, wow! He's such a handsome little man. Hope he get's his schedule on a more mommy friendly pattern.
ReplyDeletethose are a lot of great pics! your kids are very cute! lauren looks like such a proud big sister! and i love the one of sith lord. and of kevin and brendon sleeping..
ReplyDelete